Through the application of emerging technologies like big data, remote sensing, gene editing and nanotech, we translate our research from the lab to the field to the food on your table.
The Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology offers Master of Science (M.S.) degree programs in both entomology and plant pathology. Assistantships are available for graduate students looking for assistance in funding their advanced degrees.
The department offers a Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences (AFLS) with the option to concentrate in either Entomology or Plant Pathology. Assistantships and fellowships are available to assist with funding the AFLS Ph.D. program.
Find an Expert
Our department is staffed with award-winning, nationally-recognized faculty members who not only serve students on campus, but also conduct research that benefits industries and communities across the state, nation and globe.
If you can support our efforts to develop future professionals in entomology and plant pathology, your financial contributions would be greatly appreciated.
Use the link here to make a donation: bit.ly/UAEntomology
The Department is a global leader in entomology and plant pathology; promoting human, animal, and plant health, environmental sustainability and food security.
The Department serves science and society through discovery, translation and dissemination of knowledge and resources to promote human, animal, and plant health, environmental sustainability and food security.
- Foster interdisciplinary and synergistic collaboration.
- Champion a supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Support innovation and excellence.
- Ensure scientific integrity.
- Engage and serve our stakeholders.
- One of our faculty members, Dr. Rupesh Kariyat, developed a summer externship program
with the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to empower Hispanic student researchers
of agriculture and food science.
- Read more about it here
- We recently had our annual Tomato Plant Sale along with a special addition of the Entomology club having a Milkweed and Seed sale in conjuction!
- Welcome Dr. Camila Nicolli to the department! Nicolli has joined us as Assistant Professor - Extension Plant Pathologist.
Welcome Dr. Richard Adams to the department! Adams has joined us as Assistant Professor in the Agriculture Statistics Lab.
Current Job Openings:
- Department Fiscal Manager
- Summary of Job Duties:
The Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology (ENPL) fiscal manager will maintain proactive relationships with all ENPL personnel and communicate financial information and purchasing policy effectively; oversee purchasing in the department ensuring compliance with applicable regulations; manage and provide monthly financial reports for state, grant, Foundation and service center accounts and recommend action as needed to Department Head and faculty; maintain salary distributions for department employees; assist with the preparation of annual operations budget; oversee and act as backup for vehicle fleet reporting and travel claims; investigate and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities; complete special projects as assigned; and supervise one direct report.
- Post Doctoral Fellow Position 1 - Plant Pathology
- Post Doctoral Fellow Position 2 - Plant Pathology
- Post Doctoral Fellow Position - Entomology