Through the application of emerging technologies like big data, remote sensing, gene editing and nanotech, we translate our research from the lab to the field to the food on your table.
The Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology offers Master of Science (M.S.) degree programs in both entomology and plant pathology. Assistantships are available for graduate students looking for assistance in funding their advanced degrees.
The department offers a Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences (AFLS) with the option to concentrate in either Entomology or Plant Pathology. Assistantships and fellowships are available to assist with funding the AFLS Ph.D. program.
Find an Expert
Our department is staffed with award-winning, nationally-recognized faculty members who not only serve students on campus, but also conduct research that benefits industries and communities across the state, nation and globe.
The Department is a global leader in entomology and plant pathology; promoting human, animal, and plant health, environmental sustainability and food security.
The Department serves science and society through discovery, translation and dissemination of knowledge and resources to promote human, animal, and plant health, environmental sustainability and food security.
- Foster interdisciplinary and synergistic collaboration.
- Champion a supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Support innovation and excellence.
- Ensure scientific integrity.
- Engage and serve our stakeholders.
Online Registration is here!
---> Click Here to Register <---
- Farmer's Market Summer 2022 - The Plant Pathology and Entomology Clubs will alternate having a booth at the Fayetteville Farmer's Market this summer! They will also attend some of the Goshen Farmer's Markets - so keep your eyes peeled for updates!
- Cassandra Steele and Blythe Lawson both recently gave oral presentations and were awarded competitive travel grants at the Livestock Insect Workers Conference in Dallas, TX
- Assistant Professor - Forest Health. More information and application can be found here.